Yesterday was the one year anniversary of Fiction All Day, and I forgot about it. But it’s okay, because this blog is much more forgiving than my girlfriend (who is going to read this post and send me an angry text), and I won’t have to sleep on the couch tonight. As a consolation prize, the post I made yesterday was about finally finishing my most recent book, which is fitting enough for a one year wrap-up.
So here is a quick year in review:
Since I started this blog…
– I started and finished my last year at Vanderbilt, getting a degree in English and Economics
– I got a job offer, accepted it, and have my start date (July 14) for my first full-time job out of college – working at a consulting firm in DC
– I became addicted to coffee, and now love iced green tea (which I drink by the pot)
– I finally realized how awesome Nashville is, and miss it (read: the bars) a lot now that I’m home
– I came out of school without a serious drinking problem… subjectively
– I wrote and finished Embracing Ghosts, an 89,950 word thriller/mystery that is by far the best book I’ve ever written
– I wrote 11 short stories, the longest of which, ‘The Man in the Black BMW’, I’m going to try to publish in a literary magazine
– I started my next project, a book idea that I’m more excited about than I have been for any of my previous ones
More importantly, since I started this blog…
– I’ve written 33 posts, which comes out to a little more than one every two weeks, though in the last 6 months it’s been more like one every four days
– It’s received 2,546 views and 160 comments
– 454 people have started following it
So, to finish…
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has ever read a post of mine, and a special thank you to all the people who have stuck with me for longer than a day. You must be really bored.
And I thought we could all enjoy that whoever made this meme really nailed the ‘who’s’ ‘whose’ conundrum but couldn’t exactly figure out the much easier ‘you’re’ ‘your’ problem.